Nancy Stordahl just shared her 15 random facts about herself and challenged her readers to do the same. I enjoy a good challenge so I decided to join in. Plus this should switch things up a little bit.
So here are 15 random facts about me:
1. My fiancé got me an animation cel of Bigwig from the movie version of the novel, “Watership Down.” Bigwig, who was the toughest rabbit of all, is my inspiration in life. I look up at him on my wall, every time I feel like giving up.
2. I am scared of coming down escalators and steps. I imagine myself falling into the abyss.
3. I am fascinated by dreams, and treat them as if they have real meaning. I even yell at my guy for things he does in my dreams.
4. I was raised on an island…and I can’t swim.
5. I want to produce animated films based on my own fiction stories. I sometimes act them out when I am alone at home.
6. Arrogance is my least acceptable attribute in people.
7. I want a pet rat and to name him Templeton.
8. I love cartoons and still watch Looney Tunes. My favorite cartoon character is Sylvester. My least favorite character is Tweety.
9. I met my dad for the first time when I was 26.
10. I dislike drinking cold water. I only tolerate room-temperature water.
11. I am shy, but I am not shy about confronting the inconsiderate people who smoke in the hallways of my apartment building.
12. I don’t want to live in NY anymore. I want to live on a farm, far away from the city, and have a lot of animals—especially goats.
13. I fear vomiting more than just about anything. This was the #1 thing I was afraid of during chemo. I lost 30 pounds during chemo because I hardly ate. My mother told me I was going to disappear and I told her that sounded better than throwing up.
14. GYN-related stuff creeps me out. A lot! I fear ovarian cancer the most because my mama died from it.
15. My inner child never died. I just hide her to protect her.
What the heck! I’ll include 3 more:
- I collect all kinds of dolls. I love the hand-carved marionette I found in a flea market last year.
- Any time I eat finger food— french-fries, chips, toast—I never eat the part that touches my fingers. I leave the french-fry crumbs, toast crumbs, etc., in a pile on the table, even at restaurants. And yes, I clean after myself.
- I love ambient music. I am obsessed with the video from the track “Breathturn” by Hammock. It reminds me of my childhood so much, and I use it as inspiration when I write stories about by childhood. And because of my obsession, I am playing it again, here:
Marionette asks: Please share some things about yourself in the comments. I would like to learn more about you.