Last year, Nancy Stordahl challenged her readers and fellow bloggers to share 15 random facts about themselves (to read my old list, click here). Now she is challenging us again! And since I had so much fun the first time, I’ve decided to share more about me with all of you. I hope you’ll take some time to share some random facts about yourself too.
Here are 15 more random facts about me:
1. I am not afraid of clowns. In fact, I love clowns! I think they are misunderstood.
2. I was MVP of both my high school and college varsity volleyball teams. I even got the game ball once and I still have it. I was pretty athletic through my years, and got cancer anyway.
3. I’ve read “Of Love and Other Demons” by Gabriel García Márquez (my inspiration for writing) 4 times, and have cried every time. I am hoping that next time I read it, I won’t cry. There are just some things about the main character that remind me of my life.
4. When I was a child, I would steal flowers from different houses to bring to the cemetery near my house and I would place the flowers on the graves that didn’t have markers.
5. I used to climb the fruit trees in our yard and sit on the roof of my house to eat mangoes and guavas. Every day. I would try to get the mangoes off the trees with a long stick (from the roof) and it was difficult to keep my balance. This made my grandmother very nervous. But I never fell.
6. I was called Pink Panther in fifth grade because I was the tallest girl in class and had long skinny arms.
7. I had all my adult teeth by the time I was 8 and all my wisdom teeth by the time I was 18. A lot came too early in my life, including breast cancer.
8. I talked a lot when I was a child, so much that I was often offered money or other bribes to be quiet for a while.
9. When I was around 9 years old, I met Ramona, a fortune teller who was mute. When she read my left palm she stated, in writing, that I was going to have serious health problems very young and I was going to have infertility issues, but that I would have one child when I was closer to my 40s. (Not bad fortune-telling.) I recently found Ramona on Facebook. And no, I did not request her as a friend.
10. I have a cat who I named after my grandmother. She also shares my grandmother’s birthday.
11. I don’t own a smart phone. I have a dumb phone and I am very proud of it.
12. I love Charlie Chaplin and enjoy watching black and white movies.
13. If I had to choose a favorite city to live it will have to be Montreal Quebec. I love the food, the people, the arts and atmosphere. I feel like I am home every time I go there.
14. I collect miniature animals that represent the pets and other animals that have been important to me in my life.
15. Two of my short stories about my childhood with my grandmother have been published in a Journal – “Respect” and “You won’t forget, right?” My goal is to write my own book of short stories one day, soon.
Now my clowns ask: Please share some things about yourself in the comments. We would like to learn more about you.